09:27 on 4 Jul 2021
It's July already and we have a busy month ahead.
Here's an update on what's going on at MLSC this month:
We're well into our sailing programme - don't forget it's available in the Calendar and Sailing sections on the website, and paper copies are available to take from the noticeboard in the Clubhouse - and the events this month are:
- Sat 3rd - BSC Lake Day - Come for a go at dinghy sailing, kayaking or paddle boarding & stay for a picnic or BBQ. We'll be there from 10:00 to 17:00.
- Sat 10th - Heybridge BBQ - Come by boat, bike or car but please let Tim know you're coming as numbers are limited to 30. Any non-boat owning members that would like to sail from Bradwell to Heybridge should get in touch with me.
- Sat 17th - Blackwater Barge Match - See my June update for details of joining Blue Mermaid for this great event or contact Richard Titchener at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sat 24th - East Coast Cruise - The start of our ever popular summer cruise. Let Tim know you're coming and what destinations you'd like to head for.
Tim can be contacted at email@example.com for further information on any sailing events.
The Covid restrictions might have delayed the return of our music nights for a few weeks, but our social team have moved outside to provide us with:
- Sat 10th - Walking Group - Meet at the Club for a about a 5 mile walk around the Beeleigh area. Please come and support our new group! Contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sat 17th - Picnic in the Park - Bring your own food, drink, friends, and family. Picnic attire; hats, blazers etc. optional. Contact Barry Fix: at email@example.com 07742 630142
- And if its cycling that floats your boat please contact Jo Smith regarding the cycling group at firstname.lastname@example.org
There really is a lot going on at MLSC so please do get involved! And don't forget our clubhouse bar is open for you to enjoy within the current Covid guidelines. Our bar team look forward to welcoming you there.
Also this month, our own Jo Fawkes and friend Julie Clark are taking on a tough rowing challenge by participating in leg 4 of the Rannoch Adventures Lionheart Great British row.
Leg 4 is around the top of Scotland from Skye to Fraserburgh and due to take place 11 to 17 July. They are rowing 'Roxy' which can be tracked via the Rannoch Adventures website or this link https://my.yb.tl/Roxy/map-only/ . Good luck ladies!
Don't forget our own rowing boat is available for you to use and Jo would be happy to get you started if you contact her at email@example.com
Thank you to all of the members who supported Tish's Open Garden on Wednesday last week. Tish, and all of those who helped, were delighted to have so many visitors, and to have raised £166 for the RNLI. A black folding umbrella was left behind so if you are missing one please let me know.
Also a big thank you to all of those who helped with the organisation and running of our BSC Lake day last Saturday, and to all of those who at came and took part making it a very enjoyable and successful event.
As mentioned in my May update our new shop has gone live on our website.
By clicking on the 'Shop' tab on our website (www.mlsc.org.uk) you will be taken to our Shop page which shows the club regalia items & burgees that can be obtained by contacting Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org. From this page you can also click on the 'Clothing Shop' link which will take you to a great selection of clothing that can be ordered with the club logo, boat name and sail number. Orders placed here will be fulfilled by Native Promotions of West Mersea.
East Coast Cruise
Our East Coast Cruise is scheduled for the end of this month and I've ordered 'special' summer weather for that week. With luck the Covid restrictions will have ended, and we will be free to enjoy all the best that the east coast has to offer. If you are thinking of coming or would like more information please contact Tim at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Freeman & Success Cups
The MLSC Freeman & Success Cup passage races will be run over the weekend 14th / 15th August. These races are fun passage races from the Nass Beacon to the RHYC line on Saturday, and from Harwich back to the Blackwater on Sunday. Saturday evening is a fun social event. These MLSC races are shared with the BJRC fleet so there is usually a good turnout with fun racing. All MLSC sailing boats are welcome and encouraged to take part, and if you would like to do so, please let Trevor Holder know at email@example.com by 17th July as he is booking berths at Woolverstone Marina.
All the best
Last updated 15:37 on 14 July 2021