Racing takes the form of either Club races, which are usually combined with a cruising event, or races organised by the BJRC (Blackwater Joint Racing Committee).
Click on this link to view our Sailing Events Calendar or select the Calendar from the Main Menu.
More information about the BJRC can be found at http://www.bjrc.org.uk including the full race programme.
The RYA Racing Rules of Sailing 2021-2024 are now available. For more information click here
For those wanting to take part in racing please note that there are minimum requirements for safety equipment appropriate for inshore events. These are listed in Category 5 of the ISAF special regulations and are a basic inventory which should be found on the smallest cruiser and form the basis for the BJRC safety requirements.
The main items specified are listed below.
- One manual bilge pump (with secured handle)
- Two buckets with lanyards
- Flashlight with spare batteries and bulb
- Fire extinguisher
- First Aid kit
- Up to date Charts
- Tools and spare parts
- A minimum of Two red flares
- Lead line or Echo sounder
- Accessible life buoy or life sling
- Reefing equipment
- Heaving line (50 to 75ft)
- Lifejackets with whistles for all crew
- All equipment and fittings to be securely fastened, accessible, serviced and suitable.
For those interested in offshore racing more Information can be found at www.orc.org
Last updated 13:59 on 13 June 2022