Racing takes the form of either Club races, which are usually combined with a cruising event, or races organised by the BJRC (Blackwater Joint Racing Committee).
Click on this link to view our Sailing Events Calendar or select the Calendar from the Main Menu.
More information about the BJRC can be found at http://www.bjrc.org.uk including the full race programme.
Safety equipment appropriate for inshore events is listed as Category 5 of the ISAF special regulations and is a basic inventory which should be found on the smallest cruiser.
It forms the basis for the BJRC safety requirements and the main items specified are listed below.
- One manual bilge pump (with secured handle)
- Two buckets with lanyards
- Flashlight with spare batteries and bulb
- Fire extinguisher
- First Aid kit
- Up to date Charts
- Tools and spare parts
- A minimum of Two red flares
- Lead line or Echo sounder
- Accessible life buoy or life sling
- Reefing equipment
- Heaving line (50 to 75ft)
- Lifejackets with whistles for all crew
- All equipment and fittings to be securely fastened, accessible, serviced and suitable.
More Information can be found at www.orc.org
Last updated 15:13 on 25 March 2021